Deputy Sheriff – Peace Officer
Employees in this class perform routine criminal investigation, law enforcement and process serving tasks. Employees receive general supervision on routine tasks and special instructions on new or difficult cases.
$24.12 – $28.46 Hourly
9/30/2020 11:59 PM Central
1. Investigates crimes and accidents; administers first aid to the injured.
2. Transports prisoners and individuals with mental disorders.
3. May patrol dance halls, fairs, picnics and other large gatherings of people.
4. Searches for lost or drowned persons.
5. Patrols highways; enforces traffic laws, arrests offenders, completes required reports, and appears as court witness.
6. Serves warrants, civil processes, and other legal documents.
7. Cooperates with other law enforcement agencies in the pursuit and apprehension of violators of criminal laws.
8. Directs and controls traffic and provides assistance to the general public; promotes safety.
9. Performs related work as assigned
- Successful completion of a certified two-year or four-year, post-secondary law enforcement training program as required by the Minnesota Peace Officers Standards and Training Board, and passing of the academic, and skills if necessary, licensing examination required by M.S. 626.845; OR, possession of a valid Minnesota Peace Officers License.
- U.S. citizenship.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid driver's license.
- Must have not been convicted of a felony.
- Must be free from any emotional or mental condition which might adversely affect the performance by the individual of his/her duties as a Deputy Sheriff.
- Must be in good physical condition and have sufficient strength and endurance to perform the duties proficiently.