Deputy Sheriff – Patrol
**$1,500 or $2,500 Signing Allowance**
Deputy Sheriff’s are required to engage in the pursuit, apprehension, and arrest of law violators or suspected law violators, if observed or when assistance is requested from dispatch or other deputy sheriffs. The incumbent in this position is responsible for the protection of life and property and the enforcement of laws and regulations. This work requires the ability to effectively use computer systems and electronic equipment; and entails frequent contact with the public under routine and emergency conditions. The duties and tasks listed below are not intended to be all-inclusive. Those assigned to specialized units may have additional responsibilities and/or qualifications; refer to written directives for details. The employer reserves the right to assign additional duties and responsibilities for this position as necessary.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Must be Florida Certified or Currently Attending a Florida Law Enforcement Officer Academy:
- Florida Certified (vested with authority to bear arms and make arrests): Must have successfully completed the Florida Law Enforcement Officer Certification or Equivalency of Training from a Florida law enforcement academy and a passing score on the Florida law enforcement officer certification exam.
- Currently Attending an Academy: Must be currently attending a Florida law enforcement officer academy. Must obtain passing score on the state law enforcement officer certification exam prior to receiving a conditional offer.
- Good verifiable work history.
- Accredited high school or GED diploma. (Will not accept a certificate of completion.)
- Must be able to comprehend and communicate fluently in verbal and written English.
- At least 21 years of age.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Valid driver’s license for the last year.
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license prior to being hired.