Deputy Sheriff-Law Operations (Patrol) – (Certified)
We are the largest Sheriff’s Office in Colorado, west of the Continental Divide. We employ over 250 dedicated professionals who provide services to rural and densely populated urban areas. The beauty of Western Colorado is our office and your family’s playground! Mesa County is 3,300 square miles of mountains, lakes, rivers, deserts, National Forests and home to the Colorado National Monument.
We offer hiring incentives for college degrees, military, 2+ years like experience, and bi-lingual in Spanish/English. See website for details.
Come to the Western slope of Colorado where you will find a community that supports law enforcement and an agency that is proactive and progressive in their policing.
- Provide for public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing motor vehicle and criminal laws, and promoting good community relations.
- Operates a patrol vehicle patrolling county roads, areas, and businesses to deter criminal activity and promote public safety.
- Responds to dispatched calls or complaints to investigate reported incidents of criminal activity, accidents, and emergency calls.
- Arrests and/or detains suspected violators of the law. Review facts of incidents to determine if criminal act or statute violations were involved.
- Prepares a variety of reports, records, affidavits, and logs as required to maintain department incidents and activities.
- Render aid to accident victims and other persons requiring first aid for physical injuries.
- Transports individuals in custody.
- Presents evidence and testimony in judicial settings.
Education and Experience:
- High School graduation or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) Certification or currently attending a P.O.S.T. Academy.
- Possession of a valid Colorado Driver’s License required by date of employment.