Deputy Sheriff I/II Lateral
$72,779.20 – $97,344.00 Annually
This Recruitment is for full-time Lateral Transfers only. All other applicants will be disqualified at this time.
The Deputy Sheriff performs routine law enforcement and crime prevention duties, serves as Deputy Coroner, and performs other related duties. This position is subject to overtime, standby, shift, and callback assignments.
- Patrol assigned areas for the protection of life and property;
- Serve legal papers such as subpoenas, summons, complaints, and writs of attachment, execution and restitution;
- Collect fees due the County;
- Serve warrants and makes arrests;
- Conduct coroner’s investigations and secure property;
- Investigate accidents;
- Administer first aid;
- Receive and answer complaints;
- Prepare reports and keep routine records;
- Interrogate persons suspected of crimes;
- Prepare evidence for court presentation;
- Appear in court as a witness or arresting officer;