Deputy Sheriff G14
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains jail security; performs inmate headcounts; monitors inmate activities; performs booking and prisoner intake activities; transports inmates to and from appointments and to and from other facilities; administers alcohol tests to inmates; testifies in court in regards to alcohol tests; serves meals and distributes clothing and linens; confiscates contraband from inmates.
- Obtains warrants, locates subjects, and executes warrants by making arrests.
- Transports prisoners to and from court; types and prepares extradition papers.
- Patrols the county to deter and detect criminal activities; writes traffic tickets; directs traffic; assists at accident scenes; assists stranded motorists; escorts funeral processions.
- Delivers subpoenas, eviction notices, child support papers, and other civil papers to defendants.
- Attends required training classes. Appears in court to testify on behalf of the state.
- Performs the duties of K-9 Officer as assigned; trains and exercises dog.
Minimum Educational and Training Requirements
Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of specialized training in the occupational field, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education. Ability to meet current requirements set forth in the Georgia Mandate Law Enforcement Training Act/Peace Officer’s Standards and Training Act. Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.