Deputy Sheriff – Enforcement Division
Seeking both entry-level and certified law enforcement professionals for the enforcement division of the Clatsop County Sheriff’s Office. Enforcement deputies perform assigned law enforcement patrol work necessary to maintain public safety, protect life and property, prevent crime, apprehend suspected violators of the law, and otherwise ensure the enforcement of state laws and county ordinances under jurisdiction of the Sheriff’s Office. This position is represented by the Clatsop County Law Enforcement Association (CCLEA). Qualified applicants will be held in a pool to fill future enforcement deputy opportunities anticipated over the next six to twelve months.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 21 years of age and a US citizen.
- DPSST basic police certification or able to obtain within 18 months of hire.
- Must pass a comprehensive background investigation including credit check, drug screen, and psychological evaluation.
- Able to work rotating shifts and alternative work schedules including working weekends and holidays.
- Must possess and maintain driving privileges in the State of Oregon with a good driving record.
DPSST certification. Multilingual, one or more years of college, and OSSA Search and Rescue Association certification a plus.