Deputy Sheriff – Custodial
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time vacancies
Department: Sheriff’s Department
About the Department and the Position
This Recruitment is for the following levels:
- Academy Level (Full time/Extra Help)
- Entry Level – POST Certified (Full time)
- Lateral Transfers (Full time)
- Reserve Level I (Part Time/Extra Help)
You must indicate on your Supplemental Questionnaire (Question #1) which level you are applying for.
You must submit a copy of your valid Basic P.O.S.T. Certificate or proof of enrollment in an Academy. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THIS DOCUMENTATION ATTACHED WILL BE REJECTED AS INCOMPLETE.
Cell phones are typically incompatible with the online application format or browser. We recommend using your laptop or home computer. If you are still having technical difficulties, please call NEOGOV at 1-855-524-5627.
ABOUT THE SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT
The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department is dedicated to serve and protect the community through the highest standards of professionalism and ethical conduct by ENFORCEMENT, PREVENTION and EDUCATION in partnership with our community.
Our Community demands the best service we can provide, and so we continually search for candidates who have a strong desire to make a positive impact on it. The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department offers multiple career opportunities in an organization that maintains Pride in Service, Dedication to Duty and Excellence in Performance.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Deputy Sheriff performs routine law enforcement and crime prevention duties, serves as Deputy Coroner, and performs other related duties. This position is subject to overtime, standby, shift, and callback assignments.
The following are Specialty Positions/Teams within the Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department:
- Civil Division
- Contract Cities
- Coroners Facility
- Court Services
- Special Vehicles Operations unit
- Stanislaus Drug Enforcement Agency
- Aero Squadron
- Bomb Team
- Dive Team
- Honor Guard
- Mounted Unit
This recruitment is being conducted to establish an eligible list that will be used to fill future full-time, part-time and extra-help vacancies throughout Stanislaus County during the course of the list. Eligible lists usually remain in effect for six to twelve months. The current openings are in the Sheriff’s Department.
- Patrols assigned areas for the protection of life and property;
- Serves legal papers such as subpoenas, summons, complaints, and writs of attachment, execution and restitution;
- Collects fees due the County;
- Serves warrants and makes arrests;
- Conducts coroner's investigations and secures property;
- Investigates accidents;
- Administers first aid;
- Receives and answers complaints;
- Prepares reports and keeps routine records;
- Interrogates persons suspected of crimes;
- Prepares evidence for court presentation;
- Appears in court as a witness or arresting officer;
- Transports prisoners;
- Works in the courts as a Bailiff;
- Performs identification and photographic work; and
- Works administrative or special assignments.