Deputy Sheriff Cadet
A training position involving attendance at a recognized law enforcement academy for the express purpose of becoming an Alachua County Sheriff’s Office deputy. This position requires commitment, diligence and initiative.
Work is performed under the supervision of the Training Bureau Sergeants and Uniform Patrol Division Commander. Performance is evaluated through observation and grades obtained.
- Attend and successfully complete Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) basic law enforcement certification course.
- Pass the FDLE state certification examination.
- Meet all standards required for employment as an Alachua County Sheriff’s Office deputy.
- Maintain passing grades at the designated Law Enforcement Academy.
- High School/GED.
- Current, valid Florida driver license.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be a resident of Alachua County at the time of employment as a full time ACSO deputy unless authorized to the contrary by the Sheriff.
- Must pass the current ACSO pre-employment testing and background process.
- Must be willing to enter into a pre-employment agreement regarding length of ACSO employment.