$62,856.00 – $81,048.00 Annually
The Grays Harbor County Civil Service Commission is establishing a 2023 eligibility list for entry-level Deputy Sheriff for the Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s Office. The salary range for Deputy Sheriff is $5,238 to $6,754 per month plus benefits. Testing will include physical ability, written, background, and oral exams. Closing dates for applications are the 15th of January, April, July, and October. Applicants must be 21 years of age by date of hire. Names will be added to the established eligibility list on a quarterly basis; eligible names may remain on the list for one year. All positions require successful completion of a 12-month probationary period.
A commissioned law enforcement officer whose primary duties are to provide law enforcement services in the unincorporated portions of Grays Harbor County.
- Be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident and at least 21 years of age by the date of the written exam.
- Have no record of felony conviction, no record of gross misdemeanor/misdemeanor conviction for crime involving controlled substances or physical harm; be free from any physical condition which might adversely affect performance of duty as a Deputy Sheriff; be free from any psychological condition which might adversely affect performance of duty as a Deputy Sheriff based on an evaluation by a clinical psychologist.
- Must be a high school graduate or have passed the General Education Development Test.
- Must be examined by a licensed physician to verify that applicant is physically sound and free from any physical defect which might adversely affect performance as a Deputy Sheriff.
- In addition to the physical and psychological evaluations mentioned above, applicants will undergo a polygraph exam and be subject to an extensive background check.
- Must possess a valid Washington State driver’s license.
- This job is subject to a 12-month probation period.