Deputy Sheriff 2022
Performs professional sworn law enforcement work to protect citizens and property within the County. Employees receive general supervision in daily activities, with more difficult situations performed under the direct supervision or in conjunction with either a Deputy Sheriff Corporal or Deputy Sheriff Sergeant.
Examples of Duties
- Performs general law enforcement duties to include patrolling the County during an assigned shift in a vehicle, or on a motorcycle or on a bike.
- Preventing, detecting, and investigating disturbances and crimes.
- Serving various civil and criminal papers.
- Responding to calls; apprehend and arresting suspects.
- Transporting suspects and criminals to the County Detention Center, other detention, and mental health facilities.
- Participating in community policing functions.
- Assisting other law enforcement agencies with investigations and emergencies.
- Work involves frequent public contact which requires tact, firmness, and decisiveness.
- Work is performed under regular supervision and is evaluated through observation, discussion, and review of reports for adherence to laws, agency policy and procedures, and proper judgment.