Closes On: December 30, 2023, at 11:59 PM CST
Rate of Pay: $21.61 Hourly
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes and returns process orders of the courts of record.
- Aids and attends the courts as assigned.
- Takes charge of custody of prisoners in the County Jail.
- Serve, execute, and process legally issued writs.
- Makes initial investigations in response to dispatched calls for service.
- Reviews and polices high accident locations and gives citations to violators.
- Performs other duties as assigned to fulfill the requirements placed upon the office of the Sheriff’s Department.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed.
- High school diploma or possess a GED.
- Must be of high moral character.
- Discharged under honorable conditions from Armed Forces, if applicable [TN POST Rule 1110-2-.03(1)(f)].
- Will be screened for misdemeanor/felony records. (Must not have been convicted of, plead guilty to, or entered a plea of no contest to any felony charge or to any violation of federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor, or controlled substances).
- Attend and complete a State of Tennessee Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) approved basic police training academy.
- PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.