Deputy Recruit, Law Enforcement
8/21/2022 11:59 PM Eastern
Nature of Work
Harford County Sheriff’s Office is seeking to establish an eligibility list for the position of Deputy Sheriff Recruit, with responsibility for delivering law enforcement service throughout Harford County. POSITION IS ENTITLED TO A $5,000 RECRUITMENT INCENTIVE PAYMENT UPON HIRING AND COMPLETION OF TRAINING ACADEMY.
Examples of Duties
- Patrols the County to maintain law and order.
- Responds to calls for service.
- Executes on-view arrests.
- Checks County businesses for security.
- Responds to reports of criminal complaints and makes necessary investigations.
- Delivers personal service upon inhabitants of the County of civil process issued out of Circuit and District Court of Harford County and also those civil papers forwarded from other jurisdictions within the state and out of state.
- Executes by arrests all warrants issued.
- Transports prisoners to and from penal institutions and courts in and out of Harford County.
- Maintains courtroom decorum during criminal trials and juvenile proceedings.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.