Deputy Marshal (Police Officer)
The Town of Telluride is hiring a Deputy Marshal (Police Officer)
The Deputy Marshal serves and protects the public by working in partnership with the community through community policing efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out duties in conformance with federal, state, and town laws and ordinances
- Patrols the streets, sidewalks, and alleys
- Performs crime prevention activities
- Performs traffic control
- Provides emergency response and renders assistance
- Responds to complaints
- On-Call responsibilities
- Prepares records of activities
- Inputs data and generates reports
- Performs recordkeeping required by federal and state regulations
- Follows accepted safety practices
- Handles firearms and other equipment with proper care
- Drives in a lawful, courteous, defensive manner
- Maintains CPR and First Aid certifications
High school diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred; driver’s license required; P.O.S.T certification required; prior law enforcement experience is desirable; bilingual is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
Knowledge of: Department’s policies, procedures, municipal codes, and state statutes; safe firearm handling; safe vehicle driving procedures; how to use and apply first aid equipment; use of standard office equipment such as a computer; how to write reports.
Skill in: explaining and applying Department’s policies, procedures, municipal codes, and state statutes; handling confrontation; making complex decisions appropriately with little or no assistance; orienting effectively and responding timely; public relations.
While performing the duties of this job, most work is performed outside and in vehicles subject to adverse weather conditions; the employee is exposed to potentially dangerous situations; some work is performed in an office setting indoors when writing reports.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to pass physical, medical, and psychological entry examinations, be able to lift and draft 150 lbs over 20 yards and be able to sustain physical exertion.
Full-Time Year Round. Grade 55; minimum $67,910- maximum $95,074 DOQ
The Town of Telluride offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, retirement with Town match, paid time off, sick leave, comp time, 10 paid holidays, and a merchant ski pass!
Email the Employment Application (PDF), cover letter, and resume to Sydney Roop, HR Coordinator.