Deputy Chief of Police
Closing Date: 03/15/2024.
Manages police operations under the supervision and direction of the Chief of Police. Leads lower ranks of management and operating staff within that function. Participates in planning and development of policies and procedures. As directed represents the Chief to the University, other agencies, and the general public. Serves as Acting Chief in the Chief’s absence.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Graduation from an accredited law enforcement academy.
- Certification as Virginia Certified Law Enforcement Officer, or eligibility for Certification.
- Significant police command experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Police command experience in a university campus setting.
- Experience and knowledge of state or national law enforcement accreditation processes and procedures.
- Experience and knowledge of Behavioral Threat Assessment.