Denver Police Academy – Entry Level Police Recruit
The Denver Civil Service Commission, and the City and County of Denver, is now accepting applications for an Entry Level Recruit Police Officer.
Salary: $58,633.00 annually
Police Officers are responsible for performing the essential functions of the job which include the suppression of crime, the protection of life and property, the investigation of criminal activity, the apprehension and arrest of violators of the criminal and traffic laws, the recovery of stolen property and the regulation of non-criminal conduct. Police Officers patrol an assigned sector, precinct or area, familiarizing themselves with businesses, public facilities, people, etc. Police Officers investigate all unusual persons and circumstances, and vehicular accidents; make detailed reports of all such occurrences; and respond to all police calls in their area, as ordered by the dispatcher.
- Minimum age of 21 at time of application
- Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certification
- United States Citizenship at time of application
- Must have NO Felony Convictions
- Valid Driver’s License
- Candidates my have Colorado Residency at time of hire (Candidates must be bona fide residents of the State of Colorado at the time of appointment [hire]. There is no minimum time limit to establish residency.)