DCI Special Agent
Are you tired of the same ol’ shift? Are you ready to come inside the tape for 25 to life? Looking for a job where you are more than an employee, you are family? For 75 years, the South Dakota Division of Criminal investigation has been the employer of highly dedicated individuals who serve the state by finding solutions and solving crimes. We are looking for you to fill the shoes of some talented members who are set to retire. In this hands-on and fast pace environment, we focus on teamwork, building relationships and putting people first. Flexible schedules, benefits and opportunities for advancement provide motivation to our people. Access to advanced training, tools and technology will allow you to succeed in this position. This rewarding and amazing career choice might just be for you, so make your break from the cubicle and start your own exciting adventure! Apply to DCI for a position as a Special Agent and join our elite team!
Salary: $23.61 – $25.47 per hour
A bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or a related field (or criminal investigative experience with one year investigative experience equaling one year of post-secondary education). Competitive examinations for initial appointment are open to applicants who meet the minimum requirements for the position with regard to education, experience, and other job-related factors pertinent to the duties of the position. See ARSD 55:10:04:01
The requirements include the following:
(1) United State citizenship; and
(2) Attainment of at least 21 years of age at time of appointment.
(3) Possession of or ability to obtain a South Dakota driver's license; and
(4) Has not been convicted of a felony.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Law enforcement experience is recommended but not required.
• basic law enforcement methods;
• criminal justice principles;
• division policies and procedures;
• applicable state and federal laws;
• interviewing and investigation methods;
• interrogation and surveillance techniques;
• crime scene and evidence procedures;
• computer technology.
• deal tactfully with others;
• communicate clearly and concisely;
• conduct criminal investigations;
• prepare complete and accurate case reports.
• be self-motivated;
• respond quickly and effectively to emergencies;
• conduct interviews and gather pertinent information;
• analyze criminal evidence;
• make decisions;
• use and maintain all assigned equipment.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.