Department: Criminal Division
Reports To: Criminal Division Management
FUNCTION: The purpose of this classification is to collect, analyze and disseminate accurate and timely crime statistics and other information to assist departmental personnel in the performance of their duties. This position supports the crime strategy initiatives and internal operations of the Prosecutor’s Office and links various data sources to support criminal enforcement efforts.
- Performs and coordinates data collection, analysis, interpretation and dissemination to meet the demands of Cuyahoga County’s law enforcement communities.
- Knowledge of geographical information systems to prepare maps, charts, graphs and other visual presentations.
- Monitors and audits data, systems/projects and makes applicable recommendations to ensure efficient and accurate data, operability and criminal analyses.
- Assists in the actions necessary to manage the Office’s application and data systems and Case Management System (e.g. assumes line responsibility for reporting and database analysis).
- Performs report design and implementation of dashboards in the Tableau environment to support crime strategy initiatives and internal operations of the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office (CCPO).
- Performs testing of operational and crime strategy applications (e.g. determines requirements for new reports and data extracts; data retrieval; modifications to existing reports and extracts; performs testing to ensure results are consistent with expectations).
- Manages concurrent information technology projects (e.g. develops and implements project plans; manages multiple projects and activities; incorporates resources, target dates/schedules and time recording; defines requirements).
- Utilizes a variety of software; project management tools, mapping, Microsoft Office products, and the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office Case Management System (JM).
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with prosecutors, support staff, and a variety of individuals within and outside the Department.
- Coordinate work of assigned staff and consultants (e.g. prioritizes, reviews, and effectively communicates with management and staff to review work requirements, status, and problems; assists staff with complex or problem situations; responds to employee issues and concerns).
- Performs all other duties assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice or related field and three (3) years of performing crime or intelligence analysis or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Proficiency in computer skills including: Microsoft Windows, Exchange Server, and other Microsoft products (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Access)