Under general supervision, performs a variety of administrative support functions to evaluate and analyze criminal intelligence information to aid and identify criminal trends for the City of Cañon City Police Department.
Salary range: $20.58 – $27.85
• The theory, principles, practices and methods of office administration including file management, database management, automated bookkeeping and customer service.
• Conducts technical analysis and evaluations of intelligence data or criminal activity.
• Reviews, selects, evaluates and consolidates incoming intelligence data and related information and ensures that follow-up actions are initiated. Collects additional data to fill gaps.
• Prepares descriptive intelligence reports, utilizing detailed charts and diagrams.
• Makes inquiries about intelligence information received by telephone and teletype; reviews, analyzes and evaluates intelligence relating to criminal activity. Interacts with representatives of other law enforcement agencies to exchange information regarding criminals and crimes, utilizing personal contacts, telephone, teletype, or other media.
• Maintains cross reference files of criminal and case information.
• Prepares analytical reports and intelligence bulletins as requested.
• Responsible for data integrity of the records management system.
• Compiles and submits monthly and annual crime statistics to Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
• Conducts statistical analysis to identify criminal trends, underlying causes and the peripheral effects.
• Assist records personnel as needed and conducts processes to ensure integrity of Records Management System Data.
Bachelor’s degree in police science, criminal justice, criminology, sociology, or a closely related field; or an equivalent substitution of experience with a government law enforcement agency performing technical tasks such as: receiving and logging evidence; typing investigative reports or statistical data; operating teletype and computer systems to obtain information through NCIC/CCIC; or entering statistical data for licensure or criminal records compilation.
Valid Colorado Driver’s License.