Summary of duties:
Employees in the Corrections Deputy classification perform work under supervision in the Mason County Jail that involves booking, custody and release of inmates in accordance with law enforcement rules and regulations.
- High School Diploma or
- S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- Must meet Mason County Civil Service Pre-Employment Screening
- Minimum age of 21 years at time of
- Must hold or obtain a valid Washington State Driver’s
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language as required by RCW 14.100.
- Acceptable score on an examination based on knowledge, skills and
- Must pass a background investigation by the Sheriff’s Office, as well as a medical and psychological examination and polygraph
In addition, individuals must meet the Sheriff’s Office Standards and Physical Fitness and Employment Standards.
HOW TO APPLY: In order to be considered for employment, individuals must first take and pass a written examination and physical ability test. All initial written/physical testing for entry level candidates are conducted by Public Safety Testing, Inc. (PST).
Visit their website at www.publicsafetytesting.com for instructions on how to get started. Test dates are available on a continuous basis; check the PST website for test schedule and locations, or call 1-866-447-3911.
Applications will not be accepted from individuals who have not successfully passed both the written examination and physical ability test through Public Safety Testing.
Qualified applicants will be contacted by Mason County Civil Service with further instructions as needed. Please do not submit a Mason County application upon successfully passing the written examination and physical ability test without first being contacted by Mason County.
We encourage females to apply!
Mason County Sheriff’s Office needs female Corrections Deputies for female inmates
Mason County gives preference to veterans in employment decisions for this job
Mason County Civil Service Contact info: Becky Rogers 360-427-9670 ext. 268
Email: email@example.com MASON COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER