Community Service Officer I
The Community Service Officer I (Limited-Term) performs non-sworn, duties in support of a variety of police operations. In addition, attends and participates in the Sacramento Police Officer Academy or Community Service Officer Academy in order to receive basic law enforcement training in various laws, police procedures, law enforcement techniques, first aid, and acquires physical and emotional skills.
Upon satisfactory graduation from a Sacramento Police Department P.O.S.T. Basic Course Community Service Officer Academy, applicants will be promoted to either a Community Service Officer II, Community Service Officer III, or Police Officer.
10/9/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
• Acquire working knowledge of department practices, procedures, equipment, and organizational systems.
• Perform a wide variety of routine clerical duties including filing, checking, and recording needed information.
• Operate standard office equipment such as computers, copiers, scanners, and other office machines.
• Sort and file documents and records.
• Provide basic assistance in research projects, special reports, and other division problems.
• Perform related duties as assigned
High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
No experience required.
Must be at least 18 years of age by the time of appointment.
Free of felony convictions under California Government Code Section 1029.
Must pass a background investigation, which includes a criminal history check for job-related convictions, fingerprinting, polygraph test, credit check, and drug use history.
Must pass a medical examination, a drug test, and psychological test.
Eligible to enroll in an accredited college or university.
Possession of a valid California Class C Driver License at the time of appointment. Loss of the license is cause for discipline.