Community Service Officer Cadet
Salary: $24.00 Hourly.
Provide support services for the police department in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of the St. Louis Park Police Department. During the term of part time employment (48 months maximum), attend an accredited post-secondary institution with intent to prepare for and become eligible for POST licensure.
- Apply St. Louis Park Police Department’s community oriented policing philosophy in the course of regular duties.
- Responsible for animal complaints: citation, detention and transportation to designated veterinary shelter.
- Respond to complaints and take enforcement action when appropriate.
- Assist with care and maintenance of all police department equipment.
- Write clear and complete police reports and assist with citizen inquiries at headquarters, in accordance with department policy.
- Assist with other city departments as needed including, but not limited to, delivering council packets, cash deposits, etc.
- Perform tasks associated with jail activities including prisoner intake, meals, mandatory checks and maintenance of jail supplies.
- Assist the investigations division in returning property, recovered or used as evidence, to owner, and with other matters.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as directed by department personnel.
- Position will work approximately twenty, but no more than twenty-nine, hours per week for up to 48 months from date of hire.
- 18 years of age.
- Physically capable of performing essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Valid MN driver’s license.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete college level course work.
- Fulfill requirements for tuition reimbursement in accordance with the city’s tuition reimbursement policy.
- Possess a general knowledge of department operations.
- Ability to learn the geography of St. Louis Park, including important buildings and the street system.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to teamwork when working with department members and city staff.
- Must have no felony convictions and ability to pass a thorough law enforcement background investigation.