Chief of Police
The City of Lincoln is recruiting for the position of Police Chief. This executive leadership position is a remarkable opportunity for a proven law enforcement professional to join a progressing, community-oriented municipality with exciting projects and initiative planned or underway.
Closing Date/Time: Mon. 04/26/21 12:00 AM Central Time
Salary: $125,000.00 – $175,000.00 Annually
- With the assistance of subordinate supervising officers, formulates policies and regulations governing activities of the police department.
- Formulates and prescribes work methods and procedures to be followed by members of the department, appraises conditions of work in the department, and takes necessary steps improving police operations.
- Plans and supervises the enforcement of traffic and safety regulations and programs of crime prevention and detection.
- Controls the expenditure of departmental appropriations and prepares annual budget estimates. Plans and directs police training programs.
- Cooperates with state and federal officers in the apprehension and detention of wanted persons and with other agencies where activities of the police department are involved.
- Works with other City agencies and non-governmental organizations to develop and implement strategies to improve and maintain the quality of life in the community.
- Directs the proper accounting for money received or disbursed, maintenance and operation of police communications systems and maintenance of all police equipment and other property.
- Advises and assists police officers in non-routine criminal or other investigations.
- Attends civic club meetings, churches, schools and other places of public gathering to explain the activities and functions of the police department and to establish favorable partnerships and community relations.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university and thorough experience in police work in a supervisory capacity; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the desirable knowledge, abilities and skills.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT
Candidates for positions in this class must meet such specific physical requirements as are established by the city.