Campus Police Officer Recruit
- Under direction, provides foot and vehicular patrol to detect security problems, safety hazards, and to provide surveillance for an entire university campus or portion thereof.
- Participates in directed patrol activities to observe and detect unusual activates, circumstances, or violations of the law.
- Takes measures necessary to safeguard the lives and property of all.
- Takes appropriate steps to rescue people from life threatening and/or serious injury circumstances.
- Investigates criminal, civil and other complaints committed by or against the university and community, and observes established regulations and policy.
- Coordinates initial effort with public agencies and incident/crime scene.
- Preserves evidence/contraband by tagging, marking and/or sealing for safekeeping and, if necessary, transports evidence to court to assist with judicial proceedings.
- Helps to maintain order at places where people gather in numbers.
- Works special events or details to detect problems or illegal activities.
- Regulates and controls pedestrian and vehicular traffic, when necessary, to ensure safety and reasonable, rapid movement of traffic with a minimum of interference.
- Separates and arrests individuals as necessary to restore order at a domestic dispute in compliance with Domestic Violence and Intervention Act.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
- Graduation from high school or vocational school in possession of an approved high school equivalent certificate.
- The appointee will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey.
- Completed or currently attending a NEW JERSEY Police Academy.
- Basic Course for Police Officers (BCPO) PTC Certification from a New Jersey Academy.
- Alternate Route from New Jersey Police Academy.
- Lateral Transfers from a New Jersey Civil Service Police Department.
- Class II Officers (must have a minimum one-year experience as a class II).
- Class 1 Officers are not being considered at this time.