911 EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS OFFICERS
Salary: $39,208.00 – $53,726.40 Annually
Job Number: 2021-00019
911 Emergency Communications Officer– Sheriff’s Office
Join the thin Gold Line
THIS POSITION answers emergency calls while coordinating, and disseminating critical services with the aid of specialized equipment. This position is the lifeline between the public requesting assistance and the first responders of Kootenai County that include: police, fire and medical assistance.
**EXTENSIVE ON THE JOB EMPLOYER PAID CERTIFICATION AND TRAINING PROGRAM. SEE WEBSITE FOR DETAILS**
- $19.35 – $26.33 DOE per hour to start (includes .50 shift differential)
- Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI), a pension plan with five year vesting, 11.94% employer contribution, and a lifetime payout upon retirement
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits package. For example, employee-only medical/dental/vision premium of only $55.33 per month (nicotine free rate). View our entire benefits package.
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
View the full job description.
MAJOR COMPONENTS OF DUTIES:
- Ability to stay calm and calm others in emergency situations
- Utilizes complex computer and dispatch systems, working between multiple screens, agencies, and databases, while communicating with caller, and emergency services
- Accurately enters incident and responder records for legal proceedings and/or public inquiry
- Assesses emergency situations and provides pre-arrival instructions for Public Safety Communications Officials
- Provides CPR and medical emergency instructions to callers until medical personnel arrive on scene
- Dispatches fire, medical, and emergency responders
- Monitors and maintains responder status to ensure safety
DO YOU QUALIFY?
- Do you have at least a High School Diploma or GED; and six months experience; Must complete an Emergency Communications Officer Course within eighteen months (18) of hiring.
- Do you possess or have the ability to obtain a valid driver’s license and be insurable?
- Must have the ability to keyboard 3321 key strokes per hour (KPH)
- Are you interested in employer provided certification and training, to include but not limited to:
- APCO Public Safety Telecommunicator I
- Idaho Police Officers Standards and Training (POST) Basic Dispatch Academy
- ILETS Level I & II (State and National Database) Certification
- APCO Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) Certification
- Amber Alert Certification (Child Abduction)
- Emergency Alert System Certification (Disaster Alert)
- TDD Certification
- CPR Certification (CPR certified from American Red Cross or American Heart Association or attainable within 15 days of time of hire)
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) and Incident Command System (ICS) training
Sheriff’s Office (208)446-1306
Marcia Heglie, Personnel Administrator (208) 446-1306
KCSO Recruiting Team
Human Resources (208)446-1640
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.kcgov.us . Must successfully pass the County’s pre-employment and subsequent drug tests.
EOE/Vets Preference/Drug Free Workplace