2023-1 Entry Level Police Officer
$59,286.00 – $79,558.00 Annually
10/8/2022 11:59 PM Mountain
The City of Aurora is looking for individuals who represent diversity in thought and experiences, which are shared by our citizens. Candidates must have strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing. Candidates should possess good interpersonal skills, common sense, and have the ability to problem solve.
Examples of Duties
A comprehensive list of a police officer’s duties is not possible, but officers working within the Aurora Police Department perform some of the following functions:
- Handle (emergency and non-emergency) calls for service received by our Communications Center.
- Investigate and determine what type of, or if, crimes have occurred.
- Make sound decisions using knowledge, training and experience.
- Positively interact with the public.
- Problem solve complex community issues and look for innovative solutions to reduce repeat calls for service.