Deputy Sheriff - Entry Level
|Opening Date/Time:||Fri. 01/01/16 12:00 AM Pacific Time|
|Salary:||$28.75 - $38.05 Hourly|
|Job Type:||Civil Service|
|Location:||Pierce County, Washington|
|Department:||Sheriff - Police Protection|
Pierce County Sheriff's Department is currently accepting
applications for Entry Level Deputy Sheriff. We anticipate a large
number of retirements in the next one to two years. Please apply
and test as soon as possible.
· Please apply and test online at National Testing Network. Testing may be scheduled at any National Testing Network location.
· Applicants for Deputy Sheriff are required to pass a video based scenario, reading section and report writing examination and pass a physical fitness test through National Testing Network.
LAW ENFORCEMENT TEST
Start practicing for your Law enforcement test here! These guides will help you pass the exam and outperform your competition.
· Applicants must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on the video and reading sections of the written exam. Applicant must pass the report writing section and the physical fitness test. The Physical Fitness Test includes: a mile and a half run, a 300m sprint, push-ups and sit-ups (minimum 160 points needed for a passing score).
o Based upon the results of the National Testing Network scores, applicants will be invited to complete a Pierce County Sheriff's Department application.
o Once a completed application is received, applicants will be placed on a civil service employment register according to their score on the video portion of the written exam. Applicants who rank high on the civil service register will be selected to undergo a comprehensive pre-employment background investigation.
o For additional information, please read the job announcement on the National Testing Network website.
This is responsible, general duty and investigatory
law enforcement work involving the protection of life/property and
the preservation of the peace for the Pierce County Sheriff's
Department. Work is performed in accordance with the mission, goals
and objectives of the Sheriff's Department, and in compliance with
governing federal, state, and local laws. For more information,
please read and refer to the class description - Deputy
QUALIFICATIONS TO APPLY:
· High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
· At least age twenty-one (21) at time of appointment.
· Valid Washington State driver's license at time of appointment and be able to provide proof of insurability.
· Must be a United States citizen and ability to read and write the English language as required by RCW 41.14.100.
· Ability to successfully complete Pierce County Sheriff's Department background investigation.
· Condition of continued employment: Ability to pass the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission physical fitness requirements at time of entrance to the Basic Law Enforcement Academy.
· Condition of continued employment: Entrance to and successful completion of the Basic Law Enforcement Academy as required by RCW 43.101.