The Los Rios Community College District is a
two-year public college district serving the greater
Sacramento region. Our district includes American River,
Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges;
major centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk
Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova; and special services for
business and industry.
Our colleges offer transfer education - students complete freshman and sophomore years and transfer to a four-year college or university - and AA/AS degrees and certificates in over 70 career fields. The District's 2400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties. Approximately 80,000 students are enrolled in our colleges.
The District office houses a number of district-wide services. These include the Chancellor's office, Board Room, Legal Services, Business Services, Human Resources, Institutional Research, Resource Development and Information Technology. Other district-wide services which can be found at various locations around the community are the, Facilities Management Department, District Police Department and the Workforce and Economic Development Center. Each department strives for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities for our communities and staff.
|Under the direction of the Chief of Police and subject to District/campus regulations, provide police services and protect personnel, facilities and property; control traffic and investigate crimes on college campuses and district property; to enforce laws, traffic regulations and safety regulations; provide police services and traffic control for large gatherings, assemblies or other campus activities. [For a detailed job description for this Service Employee's International Union (Blue Collar) posting click on the "Job Description" link on the left side of your screen, then click on "Service Employee's International Union (Blue Collar) Job Descriptions".]|
LAW ENFORCEMENT TEST
Start practicing for your Law enforcement test here! These guides will help you pass the exam and outperform your competition.
|This position is assigned to the Los Rios Community College District Police department.|
● Patrol campus, both on foot and by vehicle; make frequent checks of buildings, vending areas, parking lots, etc.; make frequent unscheduled checks on all areas deemed likely to attract criminal or vagrant activity.
● Secure/unlock campus facilities in absence of custodial staff; respond and check out fire/intrusion alarm calls; reset alarms as appropriate.
● Enforce District rules and regulations pertaining to parking, moving violations, misdemeanors; issue citations.
● Meet with owners of cited vehicles to discuss citations.
● Post vehicle abandonment notices and contact vendor for tow away.
● Collect revenues daily from parking permit dispensers and from parking meters.
● Appear in court as summoned for citations.
● Conduct weekly survey of parking lot and inner-campus night lights.
● Report facility/grounds discrepancies to the dispatch center for Facilities Maintenance response during evening and weekend hours.
● Maintain and perform minor repairs to daily parking permit dispensers; perform minor emergency repairs as needed to secure district property.
● Contact and cooperate with various public safety agencies departments in ensuring maintenance of public safety on college grounds.
● Respond to reports of disturbances and intercede where appropriate; detain suspects as required for responding public safety agency; may make arrests as necessary on college campuses and District property.
● Report arrests for felony offenses to the appropriate public safety agency immediately for transporting and booking of the arrestee by that agency; enforce restraining orders when college is included as a site in the restraining order.
● Advise public on use of facilities and direct unauthorized groups/individuals to depart campus.
● Render emergency first aid and CPR as needed in absence of college nurse.
● Investigate campus crime, including stolen vehicles and locker/automobile burglaries; may prepare monthly and annual crime statistics report.
● Transport college nurse to campus locations for treatment of accidents/illnesses.
● Transport ill or injured students or staff to campus health center.
● Perform money escorts as required; provide escort to parking lots, etc. as requested.
● Maintain a daily log of activities, reflecting traffic citations issued and any action taken in patrol area.
● Record all traffic control signs and devices that are down or in need of repair.
● Prepare incident reports (theft, vandalism, etc.) and take statements from victims/witnesses.
● Prepare vehicle accident reports and take statements from parties and witnesses; document accident and incident scenes through photographs.
● Perform vehicle jump starts and unlocks.
● Respond to calls on elevator problems.
● Receive, take and hold for safe keeping all recovered, found or abandoned property; may deliver recovered property (books, umbrellas, etc.) to Lost and Found; contact owner by telephone when appropriate.
● Promote public relations; provide public with directions and other assistance.
● Serve as members of campus committees as assigned/volunteered.
● Make presentations in classrooms or at student forum on college police services and safety.
● May oversee student assistants and campus patrol.
● Perform related work as required.
|$4,161.23 per month|
|Los Rios Community College District (District Office)|