Brenham Police Department
Performs routine patrol duties, including responding to calls, enforcing traffic laws, communicating with citizens, arresting suspects, and preparing reports.
LAW ENFORCEMENT TEST
Most law enforcement agencies require candidates to pass a qualification exam.
JobTestPrep offers custom made PrepPacks
Essential Duties and
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Patrols city, including responding to service calls, enforcing state mandated laws and city ordinances, and issuing citations;
• Performs traffic duties, including enforcing traffic laws, investigating accidents, and directing traffic;
• Communicates with the public regarding service calls, complaints, and requests for information;
• Makes arrests of suspects;
• Prepares activity and arrest reports;
• Testifies in court as needed;
• Secures crime scenes and conducts crime scene investigations, including taking photographs and fingerprints; and
• Participates in job-related training.