Agency: Portsmouth Police Department
Location: Portsmouth VA
Industry: Protective Service
Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
Days Worked: Sun., Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri., Sat.,
Open Until: June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST
Job Status: Full-Time
Rate of Pay: PS1 $36,347
Details: Anticipated Hiring Salary: $36,347 (Upon Completion of Academy $38,260
The City of Portsmouth Police Department is seeking individuals to join an elite team of law enforcement professionals providing protection and police services responsive to the needs of the citizens in support of a safe, healthy, and inclusive community.
LAW ENFORCEMENT TEST
Most law enforcement agencies require candidates to pass a qualification exam.
JobTestPrep offers custom made PrepPacks
The Portsmouth Civil Service Commission reserves the right to summarily disqualify, to refrain from examining further, or to decline to certify as eligible any applicant who:
· Does not meet the established preliminary requirements as set forth in these rules for the position for which application is made.
· Fails to pass the required test in strength and agility.
· Is found to have used in excess or to be addicted to illegal drugs or narcotics unless the applicant:
· Has since successfully completed a supervised drug rehabilitation program and is no longer engaging in the illegal use of drugs, or has otherwise been rehabilitated successfully and is no longer engaging in such use; or
· Is participating in a supervised rehabilitation program and is no longer engaging in such use.
· Has been convicted of a felony or of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude: lying, cheating, or stealing. Misdemeanor drug conviction within the past 12 months. Misdemeanor assault and battery convictions, where there is an obvious pattern of abuse.
· Has been dismissed from previous employment for delinquency or misconduct.
· Has intentionally made a false statement of any material fact or practiced or attempted to practice any deception or fraud in his application, examination, or in securing his eligibility for appointment.
· Has a DUI conviction within the past 12 months or refusal to take blood/breath test.
· Has a driver’s license that is suspended at time of the automatic disqualifier check.
· Has a DMV record that shows a large amount of points in the minus column (-10 points or worse) or three (3) or more moving violations within the last 12 months.
· Has a dishonorable military discharge.