Agency: Long Beach Police Department
Location: Long Beach CA
Industry: Protective Service
Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
Salary: $30.54 Hourly$30.54 Hourly
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Job Number: F63NN-17D
Closing: 3/3/2017 4:30 PM Pacific
Now accepting online applications only. Apply
online 24 hours a day, beginning December 23, 2016. Filing will remain open
until testing dates are filled. Filing may close without further notice.
For information on testing, compensation and benefits, and the Long Beach Police Department's Policies, click on – Police Recruit Information Sheet.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Under immediate supervision in a non-sworn training capacity, develops minimum qualifications required for a career in police service; receives Police Academy instruction in Police Department policies and procedures, weaponless defense, criminal and civil law, physical fitness techniques, use of firearms, arrest procedures, community relations, operation of emergency vehicles and other mandated courses; observes sworn police personnel in the processing of arrestees, including booking, fingerprinting, custody and control; and may perform non-sworn police support functions, such as traffic and crowd control, as directed during the training process.
LAW ENFORCEMENT TEST
Most law enforcement agencies require candidates to pass a qualification exam.
JobTestPrep offers custom made PrepPacks
REQUIREMENTS TO FILE
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
· Twenty years of age or older at time of filing.
· U.S. high school graduate or G.E.D. equivalency*.
· Valid driver's license*.
· U.S. citizenship or have applied for citizenship. Citizenship must be granted within three years of appointment.
· No felony convictions.
· Read and make sound decisions;
· Comprehend and retain technical training materials;
· Endure periods of strenuous physical activity requiring good balance, coordination, flexibility, endurance and strength;
· Be compassionate, culturally sensitive, and non-discriminatory to a diverse population;
· Exercise tact using excellent interpersonal skills, solve problems, and demonstrate good mediation skills during highly confrontational situations.
· Observation, writing, communication and human relation skills;
· Leadership and public service qualities.
*Do not attach proof of the requirements to file with your application. Proof will be required at the time of conditional offer of employment.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Recent college coursework in related fields. Bilingual language ability (Spanish, Khmer, or Tagalog) is desirable for some positions.
In support of the City's Language Access Policy, bilingual skills (Spanish, Khmer, Tagalog) are desirable for some positions interacting with the public.
This information is available in an alternative format by request at (562) 570-6202.
An Equal Employment Opportunity
J.O.B. F63NN-17D DE 12/21/2016