Agency: Garland Police Department
Location: Garland TX
Industry: Protective Service
Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
Job ID: 2016-4793
# of Openings Remaining: 20
Min: USD $56,989.00/Yr.
Newly appointed Police Officer Recruits, $56,989. Lateral Transfer program is available to qualifying current or prior police officers. The Lateral Program has a higher starting salary and may include an abbreviated academy.
Type: Regular Full-Time
LAW ENFORCEMENT TEST
Most law enforcement agencies require candidates to pass a qualification exam.
JobTestPrep offers custom made PrepPacks
Must possess a Texas Class "C"
Must be able to meet all minimum requirements under the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) for enrollment in a law enforcement training program
The incumbent works under a variety of unfavorable conditions including exposure to gunfire, harsh weather, poor or no lighting, exposure to hazardous chemicals and smoke, extremes in temperatures, all types of weather conditions, electrical hazards, armed/dangerous persons and communicable diseases.
In accordance with the Texas
Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) minimum requirements:
• Must be United States of America citizen at the time of application
• At least age 18 and will have not reached the age of 45 prior to entering a beginning position in the police department
• Must have either a High School Diploma or GED and either**
1. Associate’s degree or completion of a minimum of 60 hours college credit from an accredited college or university,
with a minimum of a 2.0 GPA, or
2. Minimum 2 years active United States of America military service with an Honorable discharge, or
3. Minimum 2 years of service as a full-time paid peace officer or law enforcement officer
** Education, prior police, or military experience requirements must be met prior to academy start date.