Agency: San Luis Police Department
Location: San Luis AZ
Industry: Protective Service
Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
Salary: $31,532.80 Annually$15.16 Hourly $31,532.80 Annually
Job Type: Full-time
Job Number: 181-12
SUMMARY: Entry level classification for purpose of acquiring training to achieve Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (AZ POST) certification. Duration not to exceed 6 months.
Examples of Duties
FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as
defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following
tasks, knowledge and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and
is not comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents
of this class).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Attends a minimum of a sixteen-week training program under supervision of instructors in a police academy approved by AZ POST to acquire minimum and skills necessary to perform in Police Officer classification.
· Reads and studies instructional or informational material in order to achieve elementary working knowledge.
· Prepares for and takes written physical test to prove knowledge and skill levels.
· Receives field training from certified Field Training Officer (FTO), utilizing and applying knowledge from classroom work; receives evaluations from FTO to track progress.
certification upon meeting AZ POST established, minimum standards and passing
required examinations (or waiver examinations) within six month period.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Skill in analytical, objective observance of situations and quick decision making.
· Skill in managing situations firmly, courteously, tactfully and impartially.
· Skill in recording information accurately and completely.
· Ability to pass written and physical agility examination.
· Ability to pass oral board interview.
· Ability to pass extensive background investigation.
· Ability to pass polygraph examination and drug test.
LAW ENFORCEMENT TEST
Most law enforcement agencies require candidates to pass a qualification exam.
JobTestPrep offers custom made PrepPacks
· Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
· Must meet Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training (AZ POST) AND City of San Luis standards for appointment as a police officer.
· Must be at least 21 years of age by the time of graduation from Police Academy.
· Must have a valid Arizona driver's license Class D.
· Ability to serve our community with courtesy and respect.
· Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
· San Luis, Arizona residency preferred, but not required.
Must successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation including credit check, polygraph and psychological examination and meet the minimum POST standards for medical examination and physical ability.