Employee Category: Full-Time
Hourly Salary: $24.23 (less than 2 years of experience) $26.58 (more than 2 years of experience)
Work Schedule: Varies
Patrols assigned district to control traffic. Respond to requests for service. Perform preliminary investigations to prevent crime or disturbance of peace. Makes arrests and serves warrants.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• U.S. Citizen and a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• At least 21 years of age.
• Minimum of 30 hours of college course work from an accredited college or university (30hrs of college course work waived if, TCLEOSE Certified Peace Officer or a minimum of 3 years active military experience with honorable discharge).
• Must successfully complete the Divisions Field Training Program. • Must be able to pass the physical agility test (Standards are attached).
• Meet the qualification standards required by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education.
LAW ENFORCEMENT TEST
Most law enforcement agencies require candidates to pass a qualification exam.
JobTestPrep offers custom made PrepPacks
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills in presenting information and interacting with the public.
• Demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritize in a high-pressure work environment.
• Working knowledge of police patrol methods, practice and procedures, municipal ordinances and geography of the City is preferred.