Agency: Anaheim Police Department
Location: Anaheim CA
Industry: Protective Service
Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
Closing Date/Time: Tue. 05/16/17 5:00 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $12.22 - $13.47 Hourly
Job Type: Part Time
The City of Anaheim Police Department has opportunities for the position of Part Time Police Cadet, whose responsibilities include performing a variety of routine law enforcement related functions. This is a work training program for students currently enrolled in college who are preparing for a career in the field of law enforcement.
· Interact with the public, on the phone and in person; obtain information from victims and witnesses.
· Write accurate and complete police reports.
· Assist with clerical duties, file paperwork; non–physical contact with inmates.
· Cite vehicles; parking enforcement; process impounds, and parking and moving citations for statistics, assist in traffic control during special events and on city streets during peak traffic conditions.
· Assist with transportation and tracking of evidence; assist with simple photography.
· Perform fingerprinting and process applicants; enter and retrieve data from computer; type and file documents; vehicle shuttling and other errands.
· Answer telephone lines, utilize internal computer systems.
· Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
· High School Diploma or G.E.D; must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) semester units at an accredited college or university and maintain a minimum of a 2.0 or "C" grade point average.
· Minimum age of 18 years required.
· Knowledge of: standard office procedures, typing skills, and basic computer skills; basic principles and procedures of filing and record keeping; customer service; writing and basic report preparation; English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation; principles and practices of law enforcement; general criminal justice processes; applicable criminal and traffic laws.
· The ability to perform a variety of basic law enforcement functions; write clear and concise reports; enforce parking regulations and issue citations; assist with crime scene security; safely operate and maintain assigned equipment and/or vehicles; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff, outside agencies and the general public; deal diplomatically with the public under stressful situations at all times.
· Possession of a valid California Driver's License by date of appointment.
APPLICATION INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
The deadline for the first review of applications is on TUESDAY, MAY 16, 2017 at 5:00 PM. Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Applicants that apply after the first review are not guaranteed to be considered for this recruitment. This recruitment may close at any time without notice after the first review date.
The selection process includes, but is not limited to, a mandatory candidate orientation, a written exam, oral interview, background investigation, polygraph examination, and a medical examination to include drug/alcohol screening.
The interview with the background investigator and completion of the background investigation will include, but is not limited to, verification and evaluation of any present and/or past use of drugs, driving and employment history.
MANDATORY ORIENTATION - THURSDAY, MAY 18, 2017 at
WRITTEN TEST - SATURDAY, MAY 20, 2017
ORAL INTERVIEW - FRIDAY, JUNE 2, 2017
Please note these are the only planned test dates.
LAW ENFORCEMENT TEST
Most law enforcement agencies require candidates to pass a qualification exam.
JobTestPrep offers custom made PrepPacks