Agency: Des Moines Police Department
Location: Des Moines IA
Industry: Protective Service
Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 04/07/17 5:00 PM Central Time
Salary: $29.02 - $35.68 Hourly
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Under direction to perform, on any day at any time, a
full range of duties in the enforcement of law and order, protection of life and
property, and related work as assigned.
SPECIAL NOTE: This recruitment requires the review and completion of the .
YOUR APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE BY 5:00
P.M. ON FRIDAY, APRIL 7, 2017. ALL ITEMS LISTED BELOW MUST BE ATTACHED TO YOUR
ONLINE APPLICATION OR SUBMITTED SEPARATELY TO AND RECEIVED BY HUMAN RESOURCES NO
LATER THAN 5:00 P.M. ON FRIDAY, APRIL 14, 2017.
1. Photocopy of driver's license
2. Proof of U.S. Citizenship (such as a photocopy of one of the following: U.S. Birth Certificate from state or county, U.S. Passport, Certificate of Citizenship, or Naturalization Certificate)
3. Police Officer Physical Conditioning Waiver
4. Authority for Release of Information (Must be notarized)
5. Statement Concerning Your Employment in a Job Not Covered by Social Security
6. High school diploma (or other proof of high school
graduation) or G.E.D. and College transcripts, if any
7. References - names and contact information of 3 personal and 3 professional references
8. DD214 Form for military service, if any
**All of the above documents must be legible.**
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION MAY BE HAND DELIVERED, MAILED, EMAILED, OR FAXED TO HUMAN RESOURCES.
City of Des Moines
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
602 Robert D. Ray Dr.
Des Moines, IA 50309
EMAIL TO: email@example.com
FAX TO: (515) 237-1680
LAW ENFORCEMENT TEST
Most law enforcement agencies require candidates to pass a qualification exam.
JobTestPrep offers custom made PrepPacks
Acceptable Experience and Training:
Graduation from high school or G.E.D.
Required Special Qualifications:
Possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator's
license issued by the State of Iowa or by another state if able to obtain an
Iowa Driver's License within a reasonable time period. Twenty-one years of age
on or before application deadline date (April 7, 2017). Citizen of the United
States by application deadline date (April 7, 2017). No felony convictions or
convictions for crimes involving moral turpitude. Free of drug or alcohol
addiction. Good moral character as determined by a thorough background
investigation, fingerprint search and polygraph examination. Must meet minimum
requirements to be a law enforcement officer consistent with Iowa Code chapter
80(B) and its administrative rules.
All appointments will be conditional upon the passage of medical, physical fitness, and psychological exams required by the State of Iowa. The medical exam includes a screening for drug use.