Agency: Central Intelligence Agency
Location: Washington DC
Industry: Protective Service
Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
Work Schedule: Full Time
Salary: $54,944 - $78,711
The CIA's Security Protective Service (SPS) is actively seeking highly qualified and motivated applicants to serve as uniformed federal police officers in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. The mission of the SPS is the protection of Agency personnel, facilities and information through the enforcement of Federal Laws and Agency Regulations. The Security Protective Service provides a full range of high quality security/police services through a variety of specialty units and fixed posts where officers routinely work eight-hour shifts to include weekends/holidays and may be directed to work overtime. Premium pay is compensated for working Sundays, nights and holidays. Career enhancements can be obtained by pursuing assignments in the areas of: Threat Management, K-9, Explosive Ordnance Detection, HAZMAT, Security Operations and Court Liaison.
· Must be a US Citizen
· Must be 21 years of age at time of appointment
· Must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
· Must possess a valid Driver's License
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; however prior military, police or security experience is preferred. An associate's or bachelor's degree, in Criminal Justice or a related field, from an accredited college or university will be accepted in lieu of extensive experience
· Must have no record of felony convictions or domestic violence
· Must be physically and psychologically fit. All candidates are required to successfully complete the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) Physical Efficiency Battery (PEB) with a minimum score of 25%. FLETC PEB requirements can be found at fletc.gov.
These positions require a 5-year Contract Term Agreement. Applicants should possess excellent oral and written communication skills, have a high level of integrity and trustworthiness, and strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
LAW ENFORCEMENT TEST
Most law enforcement agencies require candidates to pass a qualification exam.
JobTestPrep offers custom made PrepPacks
Training requirements: New appointees will be required to successfully complete an intensive 12 week, Uniformed Police Training Program at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Glynco, Georgia. Following graduation from FLETC, cadets will receive 10 weeks of specialized instruction at SPS training facilities. Training will include coursework in police procedures, psychology, police-community relations, criminal law, first aid, laws of arrest, search and seizure, and physical defense techniques. Officers will continue to develop their skills by attending yearly in-service training, stressing defensive tactics, legal issues, HAZMAT and CPR training and firearms proficiency.