Agency: Garland Police Department
Location: Garland TX
Industry: Protective Service
Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
Job ID: 2017-4897
# of Openings Remaining: 20
Min: USD $56,989.00/Yr.
Mid: Target Hiring Range
Newly appointed Police Officer Recruits, $56,989. Lateral Transfer program is available to qualifying current or prior police officers. The Lateral Program has a higher starting salary and may include an abbreviated academy.
Type: Regular Full-Time
Respond to citizen calls for service, enforce criminal and traffic laws, reduce crime and fear of crime within the City of Garland.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY APRIL 28, 2017 AT 5PM CT.
Essential Job Functions:
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills:
LAW ENFORCEMENT TEST
Most law enforcement agencies require candidates to pass a qualification exam.
JobTestPrep offers custom made PrepPacks
Licenses & Certifications:
Must possess a Texas
Class "C" driver’s license
Must be able to meet all minimum requirements under the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) for enrollment in a law enforcement training program
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions:
The incumbent works under a variety of unfavorable conditions including exposure to gunfire, harsh weather, poor or no lighting, exposure to hazardous chemicals and smoke, extremes in temperatures, all types of weather conditions, electrical hazards, armed/dangerous persons and communicable diseases.
Minimum Education & Work Experience :
In accordance with the
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) minimum requirements:
• Must be United States of America citizen at the time of application
• At least age 18 and will have not reached the age of 45 prior to entering a beginning position in the police department
• Must have either a High School Diploma or GED and either**
1. Associate’s degree or completion of a minimum of 60 hours college credit from an accredited college or university,
with a minimum of a 2.0 GPA, or
2. Minimum 2 years active United States of America military service with an Honorable discharge, or
3. Minimum 2 years of service as a full-time paid peace officer or law enforcement officer
** Education, prior police, or military experience requirements must be met prior to academy start date.