Agency: Houston Baptist University
Location: Houston TX
Industry: Protective Service
Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
Position Number: FT-PROF-UPD-02162017
Provide for the protection, safety, assistance and welfare of students, faculty, staff, visitors, and all within the area under the control and jurisdiction of the HBU.
Remain alert to threats to the commonweal, and take action to prevent or remediate those threats and situations that come or are brought to the officer’s attention.
Maintain a courteous and professional attitude when dealing with all members of the HBU community and its visitors.
Provide uniform patrol of the campus and its properties, by vehicle and on foot.
Investigate reports of criminal activity, suspicious conditions and circumstances, and write quality police reports regarding findings and activities.
Maintain the security of the university property by opening and closing buildings, identifying and taking corrective action on unsafe conditions and hazards in and on all University owned property. Respond to various security, door and environmental alarms
LAW ENFORCEMENT TEST
Most law enforcement agencies require candidates to pass a qualification exam.
JobTestPrep offers custom made PrepPacks
· Possess a Texas peace officer License issued by TCOLE.
· Possess a valid Texas driver’s license with a good driving record.
· Firearm qualified or can qualify.
· Can pass a basic firearm safety examination.
· The employee must be able to pass a medical exam, psychological exam, as well as a drug screen and a background investigation.
· Eyesight must be correctable to 20/20 or better with uncorrected vision of 20/200 or better.
· Must be of sound moral character.
· Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances, as well as law enforcement techniques and procedures.
· Communicate well in speech and in writing.
· Possess good interpersonal skills.
· Physically able to effect an arrest, subdue resisting individuals; walk; run short distances; crouch; able to move light to medium weight equipment; climb stairs; able to assist injured/impaired persons.
· Walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time.
· Must be available to work varying shifts, nights and weekends.
· Operate and maintain vehicles and equipment.
· Have effective reading and writing skills.
· Recognize dangerous/hazardous situations.
· Possess the mental acumen for exercising reasonable and sound judgment under stressful circumstances.
· Work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
· Work outside and in inclement weather if necessary.