Agency: Casselberry Police Department
Location: Casselberry FL
Industry: Protective Service
Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
Job Title: Police Officer
Closing Date/Time: Tue. 02/28/17 11:59 PM Eastern Time
- $24.88 Hourly
$37,771.00 - $51,746.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-time
Location: City of Casselberry, Florida
direction, to perform police duties, such as; foot patrol, motorized patrol
within the City of Casselberry; to prevent crime; to detect and arrest the
perpetrators of crimes; to regulate traffic; to provide public assistance; to
perform all additional functions for the rank as prescribed by relevant laws,
city ordinances, departmental rules and regulations, orders and directives of
the Police Department; to perform special duties and/or assignments as directed
by the Chief of Police in his discretion; to enforce the laws of the State of
Florida and the ordinances of the City of Casselberry.
Examples of Essential Functions:
assigned zone in a police vehicle.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls for police assistance as directed within the City of Casselberry.
- Arrests violators of state laws and city ordinances, as required.
- Directs and regulates traffic within the City.
- Investigates traffic accidents.
- Maintains the public peace.
- Provides general assistance to the public such as: to injured and ill persons, and in public and domestic disturbances.
- Inspects and protects business and residential properties in the nighttime.
- Completes and submits detailed written reports on approved forms on all activities.
- Appears in courts of law to present testimony and evidence in arrest cases.
- Follows safe working practices and has a working knowledge of safety practices and
- In the event of a hurricane, major storm, natural or man-made disaster, which may threaten the area, the employee will be expected to work.
LAW ENFORCEMENT TEST
Most law enforcement agencies require candidates to pass a qualification exam.
JobTestPrep offers custom made PrepPacks
THIS IS NOT A
SPONSORED/PAID POLICE ACADEMY POSITION. In order to be considered for this
position, the applicant must have successfully completed a Florida Law
Enforcement Officer Academy, be CURRENTLY attending a Florida Law Enforcement
Officer Academy or be CURRENTLY attending a Florida Cross-Over Law Enforcement
Academy in good standing OR already have their out-of-state Law Enforcement
certification transferred over to a Florida Law Enforcement certification via
FDLE Equivalency of Training.
- Qualify in a written examination.
- Qualify in a physical fitness test.
- Qualify in an Oral Review Board
- Qualify in a CVSA Interview/Examination
- Qualify in a physical examination and medical testing administered by the City of Casselberry approved agent prior to employment
- Qualify in a drug screen test
- Qualify in a psychological fitness test administered by the City of Casselberry approved agent prior to employment.