Agency: Bloomington Police Department
Location: Bloomington MN
Industry: Protective Service
Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
Salary: $20.50 Hourly
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 2016-00100
Closing: 3/1/2017 11:59 PM Central
If you love to help
people and want to make a difference, this is your chance to begin a career in
This multi-city effort aims to provide a non-traditional pathway to a career in law enforcement. Participating cities include Bloomington, St. Louis Park and Eagan.
Earn salary and benefits while attending a full-time professional peace officer education program in Brooklyn Park, MN. Must have a two or four year college degree in any field of study, but no prior law enforcement training or experience is required. Upon completion of the education program (approximately 16 weeks), trainees must attain POST licensure before transitioning to a full time Police Officer position with the cities of Bloomington, Eagan, or St. Louis Park.
An informational session will be held on February 6, at 6:00 pm at Eagan's City Hall, 3830 Pilot Knob Rd., Eagan, MN 55122 in the Eagan Room. Family members are also welcome to attend the informational meeting to learn more about law enforcement careers. To sign up for the information meeting, register here http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0445a5ab2aa0fc1-informational.
If you are unable to attend on the 6th, a video of a past information session is available here: https://youtu.be/1kfmkU_-whM
For more information about the program, please visit www.slpmn.us/sleta
To Apply: www.slpmn.us/jobs
(NOTE: Interested individuals only need to complete one application. All applications are being accepted by the City of St. Louis Park at the link above, but will be reviewed by all participating agencies.)
LAW ENFORCEMENT TEST
Most law enforcement agencies require candidates to pass a qualification exam.
JobTestPrep offers custom made PrepPacks
Examples of Duties
1. Attend and actively participate in the identified accelerated education and skills program.
2. Complete all course work associated with the program.
3. Maintain appropriate physical conditioning to ensure successful completion of the technical academic component (skills).
4. Upon completion of training program, successfully attain POST licensure eligibility.
5. Agree to provide an employment commitment of at least two years as a law enforcement officer.
6. Conditional peace officer offers will be extended to Police Trainees for the period time required to complete the aforementioned accelerated training/skills program.
7. Successful completion of the program will result in a change in employment status to probationary Police Officer.
No previous police experience is required.
Must have a 2 or 4 year degree from a regionally accredited institution in any discipline as of 12/31/16.
Valid driver's license, or ability to obtain.
No felony convictions.
Must NOT have already completed a MN Skills program or taken the MN POST exam.
Ability to fluently speak and proficiently read and write a non-English language (in addition to English).
Experience living or working with non-white populations.
We seek individuals who will assist us in serving our very diverse communities. Priority will be given to candidates who have diversity skills and knowledge, and community engagement experience that can be applied to police work.