Job Type Full-Time
Department Police Services
Job Number 47252016AA
Closing date and time Continuous
with possible incentives up to
• $37,156 (includes 3% pay incentive for an Associate's degree)
• $38,238 (includes 6% pay incentive for a Bachelor's degree)
The Gwinnett County Police Department is a nationally accredited and rapidly growing police agency located in the Northeastern quadrant of the Atlanta Metropolitan area. The Department currently has an authorized strength of 782 sworn officers supported by 320 civilian employees with the responsibility of providing law enforcement services to over 800,000 residents within an area of 437 square miles.
Employees are trained to become Police Officers. Applicants must pass a series of tests and interviews prior to selection as employees. Once selected, individuals must complete academy requirements, and if successful, continue to field training assisted by veteran officers (PO Sr. or Corporals). This job requires a pre-employment drug test and subsequent random drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Gwinnett County Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace.
The grade for this position is PL213.
LAW ENFORCEMENT TEST
Most law enforcement agencies require candidates to pass a qualification exam.
JobTestPrep offers custom made PrepPacks™ to help you prepare for your upcoming exam.
Start practicing for your Law enforcement test here! These guides will help you pass the exam and outperform your competition.
· High School Diploma, or G.E.D.;
· Must be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for Georgia P.O.S.T. certification;
· Valid Georgia Driver's License;
· Must be 21 years of age, 20 years old at time of application;
· Must successfully complete a comprehensive background investigation including criminal, controlled substance, credit, driving, work history, and physical agility testing.
For information related to the position specific
Essential Duties, Knowledge and Skills, and Physical requirements, click here.
For more information about the Police hiring process and standards, click here.
NOTE: The class specifications listed on this site are not the official class specifications for Gwinnett County and are subject to change.